Saturday 11 September 2010

Too many ideas!

We had a wonderful time at Dr. Sketchy's Liverpool last Sunday. Parma, and I braved the M6 and M62 to be there. And even did a few laps of Liverpool to find where we were supposed to be! The lovely man in the car park even gave us a freebie, how nice! The girls were amazing, and the people were lovely! I even won the raffle! What's that about!? A custom-made motorbike helmet of all things! Can't wait for it to come, I think ebay may be getting a visit from me!

I also had my second shoot with Paul Jones this week. An amazing photographer who lives not 10 minutes from my house! I love that, because of where I live, most things are at least 30 minutes drive for me! We did so many 'set ups.' I only took three outfits, but Paul has a wonderful knack for making the most of them, he has many ideas, most of them on the spot. Brilliant. We've had some amazing feedback on them too!

My Three Outfits!



Today my Mom and I tidied all of my Burly costumes and accessories in posh bags, so they're all together, and out of the way! I found in the meantime that I've lost a lollipop pastie. Bum. New pasties for me then!

My new photos also inspired me to start planning a new act. Beau Beau the Clown has never had her own act. It's such a great costume, I should really give her her own place in my repertoire! Looking through my new pictures. I was reminded of a wonderful moment at work a few years ago that I shared with an Opera singer I once dressed called Jason. We were doing Puccini's Pagliacci, I had to go to the stage left wing with him at one point to help him with a jacket. The performer on stage - who I seem to remember - was called Dennis, started singing 'Vesti La Giubba' a very famous, beautiful and sad aria. The character, Pagliacci, who is a clown, has just found out that his wife is having an affair, but he still has to put his make-up on, hold it together and go out and make people laugh. I remember standing there, and as Dennis sang, Jason translated sections of the lyrics for me. I was inspired by the obvious passion he has for his art, the beauty of the lyrics and the fact that he was taking the time to pass it all on to me!

So, let's do a Burlesque routine to an Opera Aria! Maybe even a 'reverse strip' for a sad, broken hearted clown who HAS to paint her face to hide the pain.

Go on stage, while I’m nearly delirious? 
I don’t know what I’m saying or what I’m doing!
And yet, chin up! I’ll try harder. bah, you think you’re a man? 
You’re just a clown! on with the show, man,
And put on your white-face.
The people pay you and you must make them laugh.
And if harlequin should steal your columbine, laugh,
You’re pagliaccio, and the world will clap for you!
Turn into banter all your pain and sorrow,
And with your clowns’ face hide grief and distress...
Laugh loud, pagliaccio, forget all of your troubles,
Laugh off the pain that so empoisons your heart. 





This is just another idea to add to the list that I have spinning around my head! I'm slowly working through them, designing, planning, adapting, saving, buying, making...there's so much to do! 


So, as well as Beau Beau the Clown, there is also lady Tiffany Beaufort-Smithe an Edwardian hostess bored of the constraints of her time, a spangly dark but classic fan dance, and '(We're in the) Moneybox' an on-stage physical discussion as to whether money really does make you happy?


There also may be a very exciting collaboration with the amazing Parma Violet in the pipe-line...all I can say is, I'll watch my bank balance, you watch this space!


Sparkling Diamonds,
Tiff xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment